"I had the time of my life."
- Author
This year pop icon JoJo, kicked off the American leg of her MAD LOVE Tour. A raw, colorful and soulful expression of her life as a woman, entertainer and most importantly a singer. I had the fortune of the concert gods with me when her Dallas tickets went on sale. My friend was able to snag us meet and greet passes before the concert which are notorious for selling out immediately. Not only did I get to see one of my icons but I would get to meet her and be in her presence for a moment. It really was the highlight of my year so far. Her show started off with pictures with all of us one on one, then she took the stage for some questions from her fans. Lastly, an intimate acoustic performance with her guitar hero Kenji. He's this dope ass guitarist always rocking killer boots, a sick haircut, and his signature pink-tinted shades. JoJo knew what she was doing bring him on the road. After her performance, she admitted to being a "Fake ass vegan, because I will eat some fish," making us laugh and feel even more comfortable to be around her before heading off to dressing. So in between her acoustic set and her full show we got to experience her opening act STANAJ. If you haven't heard of him, where the F*** have you been? This guy was impressive. From the second he opened his mouth and started singing it was nothing but talent, especially his high vocal range and falsettos. Now for the main attraction. She started her set with "Clovers" off her new album MAD LOVE. A tune that will remind you to keep going because your luck will always find you. Following with some throwbacks to the JoJo we grew up with like "Leave (Get Out)" and "Too Little Too Late." Her overall performance was A1. Even with getting over having laryngitis, she belted out her stories through her songs and left me with goosebumps. Towards the end of her show, she introduced us to her crew on stage including her drummer, backup singers, guitarist, and keyboardist, giving them each a solo to show off their talents. I was absolutely blown away by their skill, but really why would I be? When you're touring with someone as talented and hardworking as JoJo, you really can't expect anything less. Once she said goodbye after performing "MAD LOVE," it seemed like a dream that I didn't want to wake up from. That's life though right? This was definitely an experience of a lifetime for me and if you're a JoJo fan it goes without saying you need to get tickets to her next show while they're still available. I promise you, you'll never forget it.
MAD LOVE Tour Tickets
Comments
Post a Comment