Everything Will Be OK

                             

Just the other day I spent the night at my mom's house and I couldn't sleep.  I had the usual topic of life on my mind.  Where I see myself in five to ten years, what I was going to eat for breakfast, and whether or not I was content with where I am in life.  All of these thoughts overflowed one another as the rain splattered the neighborhood outside.  Eventually I drifted into a slumber and woke up to the ever harassing alarm going off.  As I woke myself back up only about 4 hours after finding sleep in that night, I carried on with the normality that is waking up. I washed my face, brushed my teeth, etc and got ready to head home to get back to life as I knew it.  As I walked out the front door of my mom's house collecting the keys I stashed in my pocket, I noticed a small flower bed my mom had planted, that had bloomed.  Then in that moment, I experienced what we all at some point in our lives must, in order to keep on going .  I stopped to smell the roses.

- TheISLVND

Comments