For years now, we've known that Dr. Dre was strongly behind Eminem, his career and other artists but who was and wasn't behind the rapper Dr. Dre? In I Need A Doctor, the new single from Dre. featuring Eminem and with vocals from artist Skylar Grey, Dr. Dre is brought back from the tragic result of lost connections. From the beginning, Dre stares out into the ocean contemplating all the heartache and success of his life up until this moment. Then while cruising well above the speed limit in his Ferrari across the coastline, he hits a sharp turn, flips far above the pavement and gets himself a first class bed in a laboratory where he is then greeted by Eminem. Eminem begins rapping to the unconcious "doctor" declaring his gratitude towards him for his support, love, and career. Ironically, once Dr. Dre awakens from his coma, his rapping onslaught heard in the explicit version tells a different story of betrayal and false friendships from his lifetime (not towards Eminem). It was hard to ignore the laboratory environments similarity to 50 Cent's "In The Club" video in which Dre and Eminem were both major factors in bringing 50 back from is gunshot wounds. Recently disputes between Dr. Dre and 50 Cent have hit twitter. The story going that 50 Cents new "Sleek By 50 Cent" wireless headphones were a direct rip off of the highly famous beats by dr. dre headphone line. Only the real doctor can clue us all in to what exactly has pushed him to this point of maybe going into retirement. His lyrics clearly stating "One more CD and then I'm packing up my bags and as I leave and I guarantee they'll scream, Dre don't leave us like that man." Dr. Dre is a veteran to the hip hop industry but don't discredit him for anything he's held true to his name, I Need A Doctor has made its way to No. 6 on the billboards and he has no intentions on stoping there. Watch and comment on I Need A Doctor below.

Comments
Post a Comment